Athletic Development Club, based at the Re-ex centre in Trent Park Country Club is offering an internship role to 1-2 applicants. ADC are prior UKSCA accredited strength and conditioning/Personal training practitioners who also hold post-graduate MSc degrees, delivering general public PT sessions and coaching of S&C to athletes of all ages.
ADC are now seeking new interns for the forthcoming period, running from February 2020 to May 2020. Placements can potentially be extended beyond this following a review towards the end of the role.
To be eligible, you must be able to commit to a minimum of 8 hours per week, plus a 2hr team meeting/CPD each month between the above dates.
Hours available (although these may be subject to change):
- Monday to Friday 6-10:30 am and 4-9 pm
- Saturday 8am-12pm
The role will be to shadow/assist in PT and S&C sessions whilst completing general admin work. On occasions, there will also be the opportunity to assist on other work including pitch-based S&C sessions, HIIT classes, client and athlete monthly body log screenings.
Please note that this is an unpaid role, however in return for assisting with the daily running of ADC, we offer the following benefits:
- The chance to be mentored by accredited, experienced and knowledgeable coaches, working in high-performance sport and post graduate education.
- Weekly small group/1-1 CPD meetings with studio manager (covering corrective exercise, how to be a coach rather than a standard PT, how to create programmes, warm-up/cool-down etc).
- Weekly staff development team meetings
- Hands-on guidance towards your UKSCA accreditation OR level 4 S&C qualification.
- The opportunity to train, work and learn in a thriving, happy and high-performance environment with newly fitted facilities and equipment.
What we are looking for:
- Professional, organised and polite aspiring coaches with an interest in high-performance training, sports science and strength and conditioning.
- Strong work ethic and hunger for learning and developing.
- Prior experience with free weight training and general athletic movements.
- The minimal standard of sports/health and fitness qualification, for example, Level 2 Fitness Instructor & Level 3 Personal Training.
- Candidates must be 18+.
To apply, please send a CV (maximum 2 pages) and covering letter (maximum one page) before midday on Monday 10th February 2020.
Send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews TBC shortly after.