This year, we’ll be introducing new educational content to help you better understand the world of training, nutrition and mindset. Our goal is to give YOU the resources you need to become a better version of yourself!
To kick things off we are starting with January’s HABIT OF THE MONTH… This month’s habit is something we often don’t think too much about, but you’ll be surprised at how much of an effect it has on you. So why is water so important? Well, for one thing, 60% of your body is made up of it. Here are just some benefits of staying hydrated throughout the day:
- Water boosts energy – Water delivers important nutrients to all of our cells, especially muscle cells, postponing muscle fatigue.
- Water helps weight loss – Often people think that they are hungry when in fact they may just be dehydrated. Water also helps you feel fuller for longer, without adding any additional calories. Drinking water or eating foods with high water content can, therefore, be a big help in managing your weight.
- Water aids in digestion – Water aids in constipation and other abdominal issues, especially those suffering from IBS. Water helps to move the digestive process along and through the system.
- Water detoxifies – Water moves toxins through your system faster and optimizes kidney function. Inadequate hydration means inadequate kidney function.
- Water hydrates skin – Forget expensive creams and cure-alls, water is the best defence against ageing and wrinkles in the skin.
Here are some tips to help you boost that water intake:
- Carry a bottle with you on the go
- Have a glass of water as soon as you wake up
- Drink water before/after each meal
- Replace water with fizzy drinks
- Set reminders on your phone